LIAISON-USA is an educational consulting firm offering simple solutions in a complex world. We help international students with the college admissions process in the United States. We simplify educational organization for school districts and governing bodies. We provide proven technology solutions for educational agencies.
It is important to be prepared for your F1 visa interview. Commonly asked questions include:
- Why did you choose to study in the United States instead of joining the workforce in your country?
- Why did you choose this school? Why it is a good fit for you?
- What are your test scores (GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS), your GPA and your overall performance as a student in the past?
- How will you fund the duration of your studies, including tuition, room and board, transportation, and all other expenses?
- After you graduate, will you stay in the USA?
Your consulate officer may ask these questions in different ways, but they all have the same purpose – to make sure that you qualify for the F1 visa, as indicated above. If these questions are answered properly, the consulate officer may approve your request.
If approved, you may be required to pay visa fees. Your digital fingerprints will be taken. Your passport will be taken so that your visa can be applied. Your passport will be returned in person or by mail.
Keep in mind that visa issuance is not guaranteed. Do not make final travel plans until you have your visa approved. If your visa is denied, you will receive a reason for it. Filing a waiver of ineligibility is possible in some cases.